Saturday, November 30, 2013

PHOTO: Where Children Sleep by James Mollison

Anonymous, 9, Ivory Coast

 Before sleeping I usually use the few minutes before to check all my mails and news and to surf a bit on the internet. Last night just before going to sleep I dumped into this series of portraits by James Mollison via Travelettes. It really made me think a lot and made me appreciate the comfort our western life style gives us since we were children. We don't think enough about how the rest of the world looks like. I sometimes feel really bad when I overreact to something that doesn't appear to be how I wish it would be. Mostly it's small things we get angry about. It can be money, things we want or plans which don't come up as how we want them to be. But what about the rest of the world. What might they be thinking about when we stand in front of the supermarket shelf while having problems on deciding what to buy. What might they think when we go to bed being annoyed about the cold weather outside. All those small problems which annoy us each day seem to be so silly if you just compare these pictures. I want you to think about them and not just look at them. Try to think about these children and then think about your own childhood and who you are now.
Indira, 7, Kathmandu, Nepal
Li, 10, Beijing, China

 
Bikram, 9, Melamchi, Nepal














































See more here.

Have a thoughtful weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment