Thursday, November 7, 2013

FASHION & BEAUTY: Angora and Pastels

Oh it's so cold this November. The weather has really spoiled us the last month and this is now what we get. I posted some of my favorite pieces which kept me warm, well-tended, busy and pretty. Some pieces from delicate jewelry to beauty products. As you might notice I've been really addicted with angora and wool and as you've read in my post Autumn's moisturizers with hydrating products as well, especially the organic ones.
 
1. This t-shirt, o.k. t-shirts might not be the proper clothing to wear during this season of the year, but with a thin cardigan on top this still keep you warm. It's navy-blue (almost black as it seems on the picture) and white stripes and it's 100% cotton. Tug it into your high-waist jeans, put on a light jacket and that's it. Simple but yet casual. From & Other Stories

2. I LOOOOOVE this scarf! Really! It was love at first sight. It reminds me of the wool canada scarfs from Acne only that it's softer, cheaper and the color is more mine. It's 70% Wool and 30% Angora, can it be any more better than this?! I could wear it all day long, day and night. And it's easy to match with anything. From & Other Stories

3. No my taste hasn't changed since years. I'm still in love with delicate jewelry and I just rediscovered an old post of mine which proves this statement. I don't easily find jewelry which I like and which is really time less. I think we spend to much money on useless accessories which we forget next season cause it's run out of fashion. That's why i rather invest in fine jewelry I can wear all year long without looking too 90s. Necklace and rings both from & Other Stories

4. Take a step into the fabulous world of Aesop and you don't want to leave anymore. That's how I felt when I visited the first Aesop store here in Berlin in the "Alte Schönhauserstraße". I could have tried all their products if I would have got a bit more time. For rough dried winter hands I recommend the Aesop Resurrection Aromatique Hand Balm. It's rich in Beta-carotene and tocopherol, mandarin rind, rosemary leaf and cedarwood atlas. It deeply moisturizes and is easily absorbed leaving a soft and hydrated condition on your hands, cuticles and feet.

5. The Gentlewoman is a great magazine full of interesting interviews of inspring gentlewomen. This season's issue: Interview with the french actress Léa Seydoux. Great reading material when tugging into bed on the cold autumn days.

6. Always keep your head warm and protect yourself from colds. This angora beanie will help you. So soft and warm you just want to hold it in your hands all the time. 70% Angora (30% Polyamide) from & Other Stories

7. Nainsook body oil which I've been raving about since weeks mentioning it in my post Autumn's moisturizers. From & Other Stories

8. Not so known but recommendable is the organic make-up brand W3ll People. They produce 100% natural cosmetics and have such pretty, very slightly shimmering mineral blushes which I've been putting on my cheeks this week for not looking too pale (summer's bronze is slowly disappearing). My favourite is the Purist Luminous Mineral Blush in the shade "61".



Have a warm and fluffly thursday,

No comments:

Post a Comment