Friday, October 25, 2013

BEAUTY: Favorite body care products

It's been a stressful October in which I had to fight against a lot of head ache, fever and muscle pain. Spending a whole week at home trying to cure myself and to get well as fast as possible cost me a lot of power. It's not that I'm a weak person, it's just that I rarely get sick. But if it hits me, it hits me really bad. So therefor this month has been all about resting, taking care of myself and grappling with body care products I used to keep myself feel comfy and clean.
I love trying out natural products such as the ones with natural oils and vitamins to keep my skin away from dryness. After taking hot baths before going to bed I used the Nainsook Body Oil from & Other Stories which is enriched with cotton seed oil and vitamin E. I used it like a body lotion applying it all over my body after robbing a few drops between my hands. You really don't need much of it, so the 150ml bottle will last for at least this autumn. To keep my lips soft and smooth I used the L'Occitane Shea Butter which is pure shea butter without any chemical substances. Apply this on your lips before going to sleep and they will feel amazing the next morning. For showering I used the Dr. Bronners Baby Mild Magic Soap. This is definitely one of my favorite soaps. It's 100% organic and fair trade and can be used in many different ways e.g. as a shampoo, detergent, facial cleanser or make-up remover. It contains coconut, olive, hemp and jojoba oil and is enriched with vitamin E. And it's non-perfumed which keeps the scent natural and pure.
You probably know the feeling of looking awful when you're sick. To reduce this feeling and to gussy up yourself, use mascara which will make your eyes look awake. The Babydoll mascara by YSL is perfect for giving you the awake-effect. And just because it looks pretty and keeps yourself busy having nothing to do than lying in your bed feeling sick DO your nails! I used the Whipcord Beige nail polish by & Other Stories which leaves a slight metallic shimmer on your nails.
Before tugging myself under my blanket I spray a bit of Punk Bouquet body mist by & Other Stories in my room and on my pillow to make me fall a sleep. The scent of vanilla and rose smells cushy and makes you imagining you're sleeping in a bed full of rose leaves. Feeling sick is just all about making yourself feel comfy!
Whenever having the feeling your body needs more attention than usual e.g. when you're sick, when you feel lazy or if you're not in the mood then take your time and jazz up yourself with your favorite products and you'll feel so much better afterwards!

Take care and feel good,


No comments:

Post a Comment